note: see bottom of page for approximate repair pricing
We receive a lot of phone calls during our business hours for parts and trouble shooting. We will gladly help when we can but we need your assistance.
1) Have a model number (and serial number if possible) for the instrument in question. Many instruments look alike, age & shape do not identify the instrument. We can not discuss detailed repair options without a model number.
2) Check your schedule. We run at a 3 week turn around time , please plan accordingly. repair time is from the date of receipt. We test, evaluate and contact all at the same time period. We will not contact you when the instrument arrives.
3) Please check the FAQ page to see if your fault is covered.
Our Repair Policy
Please read the entire page.
DMI Marine is committed to taking the time to examine your repair needs from every angle necessary in order to properly repair your instrument. Because of our commitment to accurately repair every piece of equipment regardless of age, the process sometimes takes longer to make the repair and yet keep it affordable.
Once your instrument is received for repair it is unpacked carefully so we are sure to find all parts, then it is assigned a repair number and all information is entered into our computer system. The repair is then placed on our repair shelf in the order of receipt and awaits evaluation. The evaluation, repair and notification of estimate repair (and/or payment) is all made at the same time and upon approval it is shipped as soon as possible.
**For a printable repair request form, please one click of the following options:
When submitting repairs, please follow these guidelines:
1. Package your instruments securely!
2. Use the above form or enclose an 8.5"x11" sheet indicating the following information:
3. To check the status of a repair, please have the model and serial number handy as well as the name it was sent under.
4. Every item received is subject to a charge. Testing of an item takes time (example: speed sensors, transducers, controls, etc..) A masthead unit & gauge is two items.
Payments and Return Shipment
We will automatically charge the repair fee to the credit card number you have provided with your order, and return the repaired instrument to you via UPS Ground service (Continental US only), unless you have indicated another shipping method preference with your repair request.
For repairs over $150:
If the estimated repair cost is more then $150 we will contact you for approval before the repair is completed. If you decide not to go ahead with the repair, there will be a bench charge of $75 assessed to each instrument sent in. A telephone number must be included or the instrument will be returned to you C.O.D. per the conditions outlined above.
Tips to help us serve you faster:
We will only contact you after we have made our evaluation. If you want
to be sure the instrument has arrived please use a currier that will supply a
tracking number so you can follows its shipping progress.
In general masthead wind speed repair is about $225
A masthead unit that is leaking oil may have a broken housing, repair is about $475
Replacement of LCD and associated parts is about $225
that are sent in are subject to the $150 repair terms, do not send it if you do
not want it tested.
main phone number: 774-213-9744